To achieve personal growth, you have to ask yourself some difficult questions.
It’s time for some tough love!
Don’t worry. By “tough love” I just mean reflecting on your experiences, learning new things about yourself, and discovering your purpose. Self-reflection helps you live a happier and more successful life. You should take the time to do it if you haven’t already!
Some people spend years living passively without taking any real initiative in life. It’s normal to be confused, but it’s important to always have something to work toward, even if you change your direction later.
Personal growth means improving yourself and striving for something better each day. Unfortunately, it’s not easy. Like, not easy at all. It’s so difficult that a lot of people give up on their dreams because they don’t believe in themselves enough.
To achieve personal growth, you must face your fears, conquer self-doubt, and promise yourself that you won’t give up on your goals. And to do those things, you have to ask yourself some tough questions.
I created this post to give you a list of questions to ask yourself that will point you in the right direction in life. This is the time to be 100 percent honest with yourself about who you are, what you want to do, and which changes you need to make to become your best self.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you choose to make a purchase. All opinions are mine alone. Read my full disclosure policy for details.
How to use these questions
I created this list of questions to help you think, but you could also use them as journal prompts. Personally, I comprehend my thoughts and feelings better when I get them down on paper. I also come up with my best ideas when I’m writing.
If you don’t keep a journal, I highly suggest you start one! Just grab any notebook and write whatever comes to mind. You can use prompts if you want, or you can just write about your day.
When you write in a journal, you create a record of your thoughts that you can return to later.
If you ask yourself tough questions like the ones in this post, the answers might not come to you immediately. You might have to think really hard for days or even weeks to come up with the right answers. In that case, keeping a journal would be beneficial because you’d have a record to refer back to.
Tough love doesn’t mean putting yourself down!
Before I share the prompts, I have to put a disclaimer because I don’t want you to feel angry or upset when you ask yourself these questions.
There are some really tough things to ponder in this list. You should approach all difficult topics with a positive mindset.
First, try to love and accept yourself the way you are. Understand that you’re a perfectly imperfect human. You should strive to improve yourself out of self-love, not because you dislike yourself in your current state of being.
A few positive affirmations for you
Before you tackle any of the questions/prompts, I suggest you repeat a few self-affirmations so you can go into the exercise with a positive mindset.
Here are some good examples:
- I love myself just the way I am.
- I accept myself as is, flaws and all.
- My self-improvement mission is fueled by love for myself.
- I am strong and capable.
- I am grateful for the opportunities each new day brings.
Repeat the above statements aloud or write them down in your notebook. (You can also come up with your own affirmations if you’d like!)
Once you’re in the right mindset to do some deep thinking, you’re ready to move on to the questions below.
Want my FREE 40+ page workbook and checklist to grow your personal brand online?
I am a marketing coach who is passionate about helping women share their personal brands with the world with clarity, authenticity, and confidence.
In addition to growing my online presence, I have worked in marketing and PR agencies for the last 5 years.
From my experience, I’ve learned so much about social media, web development, email marketing, and how to create a cohesive online presence with the tools and technology available to us in the 21st century.
I’m so excited to share my expertise with you to help you grow your own brand! Here’s what you’ll get with your download:
- A 44-page printable PDF that you can keep forever!
- A workbook with content and prompts to help you clarify all the important aspects of your personal brand
- An organized checklist that you can use to track your progress as you complete the workbook
- My expert tips and tricks for creating and growing your personal brand online
Enter your name and email address in the box below to get your FREE guide!
Here are the questions!
1, Am I excited about my path in life?
2. Am I truly happy with myself?
3. How can I be kinder to myself?
4. Am I passionate about my career?
5. What’s missing in my life?
6. How can I improve myself?
7. What am I afraid to do?
8. Which bad habits do I need to break?
9. Am I living a healthy lifestyle?
10. Do my goals reflect what I want out of life?
11. Am I taking the right steps to achieve my goals?
12. Is there something I need to do that I’ve been avoiding?
13. Which self-deprecating thoughts do I need to conquer?
14. What do I need to stop worrying about?
15. What are three hard lessons I’ve learned in life?
16. Is self-doubt holding me back from chasing my dreams?
17. Am I using all the resources that are available to me?
18. Do I surround myself with positive and uplifting people?
19. Do I have healthy and supportive relationships with others?
20. Do I need to put more effort into my interpersonal relationships?
21. Am I kind enough to others?
22. Do I give back to my community enough?
23. Do I let other people’s opinions affect the way I feel about myself?
24. Am I living life for myself, or am I fulfilling someone else’s dream?
25. Do I waste a lot of time?
26. Are my priorities in order?
27. Am I actually trying my best?
28. Do I manage my money well?
29. Do I place enough value on the things that really matter in life?
30. What do I need to leave in the past?
31. What do I need to forgive myself for?
32. Do I think I’m beautiful?
33. Do I believe that I’m a good person?
34. Do I truly accept myself the way I am?
35. Did I answer the above questions honestly?
Mindset coaching, social media tips, productivity advice, and much more…
Let me deliver my latest blog posts, podcast episodes, and YouTube videos directly to your inbox!
Enter your name and email below to subscribe to my weekly Mindset Masterpiece newsletter.
Follow me on Instagram!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved. There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.