To achieve personal growth, you have to ask yourself some difficult questions.
It’s time for some tough love!
Don’t worry. By “tough love” I just mean reflecting on your experiences, learning new things about yourself, and discovering your purpose. Self-reflection helps you live a happier and more successful life. You should take the time to do it if you haven’t already!
Some people spend years living passively without taking any real initiative in life. It’s normal to be confused, but it’s important to always have something to work toward, even if you change your direction later.
Personal growth means improving yourself and striving for something better each day. Unfortunately, it’s not easy. Like, not easy at all. It’s so difficult that a lot of people give up on their dreams because they don’t believe in themselves enough.
To achieve personal growth, you must face your fears, conquer self-doubt, and promise yourself that you won’t give up on your goals. And to do those things, you have to ask yourself some tough questions.
I created this post to give you a list of questions to ask yourself that will point you in the right direction in life. This is the time to be 100 percent honest with yourself about who you are, what you want to do, and which changes you need to make to become your best self.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you choose to make a purchase. All opinions are mine alone. Read my full disclosure policy for details.
How to use these questions
I created this list of questions to help you think, but you could also use them as journal prompts. Personally, I comprehend my thoughts and feelings better when I get them down on paper. I also come up with my best ideas when I’m writing.
If you don’t keep a journal, I highly suggest you start one! Just grab any notebook and write whatever comes to mind. You can use prompts if you want, or you can just write about your day.
When you write in a journal, you create a record of your thoughts that you can return to later.
If you ask yourself tough questions like the ones in this post, the answers might not come to you immediately. You might have to think really hard for days or even weeks to come up with the right answers. In that case, keeping a journal would be beneficial because you’d have a record to refer back to.
Tough love doesn’t mean putting yourself down!
Before I share the prompts, I have to put a disclaimer because I don’t want you to feel angry or upset when you ask yourself these questions.
There are some really tough things to ponder in this list. You should approach all difficult topics with a positive mindset.
First, try to love and accept yourself the way you are. Understand that you’re a perfectly imperfect human. You should strive to improve yourself out of self-love, not because you dislike yourself in your current state of being.
A few positive affirmations for you
Before you tackle any of the questions/prompts, I suggest you repeat a few self-affirmations so you can go into the exercise with a positive mindset.
Here are some good examples:
- I love myself just the way I am.
- I accept myself as is, flaws and all.
- My self-improvement mission is fueled by love for myself.
- I am strong and capable.
- I am grateful for the opportunities each new day brings.
Repeat the above statements aloud or write them down in your notebook. (You can also come up with your own affirmations if you’d like!)
Once you’re in the right mindset to do some deep thinking, you’re ready to move on to the questions below.
Before you continue reading… make me your mindset coach—for FREE!
Keep me in your corner as you tackle life’s challenges!
In my Mindset Masterpiece newsletter, I share my top tips, tricks, and helpful tidbits for maintaining a positive mindset on the good days, bad days, and even the lackluster days that blend together.
If you sign up, you’ll receive emails on Mondays and Fridays that will motivate and inspire you to live your best life!
No outdated email sequences. No sneaky sales funnels. Just me giving advice to you as a mentor and a friend!
Want to give it a try? You can unsubscribe at any time!
Enter your email in the box below to sign up!
Here are the questions!
1, Am I excited about my path in life?
2. Am I truly happy with myself?
3. How can I be kinder to myself?
4. Am I passionate about my career?
5. What’s missing in my life?
6. How can I improve myself?
7. What am I afraid to do?
8. Which bad habits do I need to break?
9. Am I living a healthy lifestyle?
10. Do my goals reflect what I want out of life?
11. Am I taking the right steps to achieve my goals?
12. Is there something I need to do that I’ve been avoiding?
13. Which self-deprecating thoughts do I need to conquer?
14. What do I need to stop worrying about?
15. What are three hard lessons I’ve learned in life?
16. Is self-doubt holding me back from chasing my dreams?
17. Am I using all the resources that are available to me?
18. Do I surround myself with positive and uplifting people?
19. Do I have healthy and supportive relationships with others?
20. Do I need to put more effort into my interpersonal relationships?
21. Am I kind enough to others?
22. Do I give back to my community enough?
23. Do I let other people’s opinions affect the way I feel about myself?
24. Am I living life for myself, or am I fulfilling someone else’s dream?
25. Do I waste a lot of time?
26. Are my priorities in order?
27. Am I actually trying my best?
28. Do I manage my money well?
29. Do I place enough value on the things that really matter in life?
30. What do I need to leave in the past?
31. What do I need to forgive myself for?
32. Do I think I’m beautiful?
33. Do I believe that I’m a good person?
34. Do I truly accept myself the way I am?
35. Did I answer the above questions honestly?