If you feel like you’re a boring person, this challenge will help you develop your personality!
First of all, I promise you’re not boring. Every person on this Earth has fascinating qualities. That includes you!
If you’ve been to school, summer camp, or even networking events, you’re probably used to hearing this nerve-wracking request:
“Tell the group one interesting fact about yourself.”
And if you’re anything like me, you freeze in the moment. It can be very difficult to come up with a fascinating tidbit of information about yourself when all eyes are on you. No pressure!
However, today we’re going to prepare you to answer that “interesting fact” icebreaker question. Even if you don’t think you’re an interesting person, you just have to discover what makes you unique. Then, you can let your individuality shine!
Want to learn more about this personality development challenge? Keep reading!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you choose to make a purchase. All opinions are mine alone. Read my full disclosure policy for details.
First, take the Myers-Briggs personality test.
This isn’t part of the challenge, but I wanted to include it because I personally think it’s important to know. (Obvi, you can skip this part if you’ve already taken this test!)
Your Myers-Briggs personality type is that 4-letter combination that describes whether you’re introverted/extroverted, sensing/intuitive, thinking/feeling, or judging/perceiving.
This test will help you understand yourself and navigate your personal growth journey. I’m an ENFJ, and I think the Myers-Briggs description of my personality is spot-on!
If you don’t know your Myers-Briggs personality type, take the free 16Personalities quiz to find out!
What makes you interesting?
Now, we’re going to get into the fun little challenge I created. After you complete my personality development challenge, I hope you’ll learn something new about yourself and feel more confident in social situations.
Start thinking about what makes you interesting. How are you unique from the other 7 billion people in the world?
Y0u might feel tempted to say, “There’s nothing special about me.” But if you want this challenge to work, it’s important to keep yourself out of that negative frame of mind.
Yes, there are 7 billion other people in the world. You might feel like there’s nothing that sets you apart from everyone else. However, no two people out of the 7 billion are alike.
That means that every single person in the world has quirks, personality traits, hobbies, or skills that make them unique. In this personality development challenge, you will simply identify your distinguishing qualities. The things that make you different in a good way!
Want my FREE 40+ page workbook and checklist to grow your personal brand online?
I am a marketing coach who is passionate about helping women share their personal brands with the world with clarity, authenticity, and confidence.
In addition to growing my online presence, I have worked in marketing and PR agencies for the last 5 years.
From my experience, I’ve learned so much about social media, web development, email marketing, and how to create a cohesive online presence with the tools and technology available to us in the 21st century.
I’m so excited to share my expertise with you to help you grow your own brand! Here’s what you’ll get with your download:
- A 44-page printable PDF that you can keep forever!
- A workbook with content and prompts to help you clarify all the important aspects of your personal brand
- An organized checklist that you can use to track your progress as you complete the workbook
- My expert tips and tricks for creating and growing your personal brand online
Enter your name and email address in the box below to get your FREE guide!
Personality Development Challenge: Make a list of 50 interesting facts about yourself!
My personality development challenge is very simple:
1. Grab a writing utensil.
2. Grab a sheet of paper.
3. Write down 50 interesting facts about yourself.
You might be wondering how on Earth you’ll ever come up with a list of 50 noteworthy things to say about yourself. But I promise, this “challenge” is not that challenging once you get into it!
How completing this challenge will benefit you:
1. It will remind you who you are.
I know there have been times in my life when I haven’t felt like myself. I’ve felt disconnected from my identity. Almost like I’m a fly on the wall, passively watching my life pass by.
If you feel the same way, making a list of 50 interesting facts about yourself will remind you that you’re a human with amazing qualities and an important purpose in life.
2. It will help you feel more confident in social situations.
If you remind yourself of the things that make you unique, you’ll feel more self-assured when you talk about yourself to others.
After you make your physical list of interesting facts, you’ll subconsciously keep a mental list of compelling talking points to share with new people when you meet them.
3. It will boost your overall self-esteem.
I call this a “personality development” challenge, but it’s not really creating a new personality for you. Instead, it’s recognizing the positive aspects of the personality you already have. We want the good side of your personality to shine!
4. It will ensure you never struggle with the “tell me an interesting fact about yourself” icebreaker again!
It’s not fun to stand up in a room full of people and say, “I can’t think of anything interesting about myself.” (I’ve been there, done that!)
By completing this simple personality development challenge, you’ll avoid the inevitable, awkward, and uncomfortable icebreaker questions that leave so many people stumped in social situations.
Ready to start thinking of some fun facts? If you can’t think of anything, I have several questions below you can ask yourself to come up with ideas.
Here are a few questions to help you brainstorm interesting facts:
- What were some of my childhood hobbies?
- What do I receive compliments on?
- What are some little things in life that make me happy?
- What would my dream job be?
- What’s the most exotic place I’ve visited?
- What does my dating app bio say?
- What’s one of the things on my bucket list?
- What’s the craziest thing that’s happened to me at work?
- What charity or cause am I passionate about?
- What’s an achievement I feel very proud of?
- Do I have a cute or interesting pet?
- How do I spend my time on the weekends?
I think you’ll find this exercise a lot easier after you get started! The ideas will start rolling in.
Since the challenge is so open, you can go as broad or specific as you want with the facts you write down.
If you’re still having trouble, you can check out my list of interesting facts below for inspiration.
Here are my results from this challenge!
- I have heterochromia (which means my eyes are two different colors.)
- Blogging is one of my hobbies.
- I was obsessed with horses when I was little.
- Tequila is my favorite kind of alcohol.
- I prefer white wine over red wine.
- I studied abroad in Australia in college.
- I love putting puzzles together.
- One time, when I was a kid, I read a whole Harry Potter book in a day.
- I changed my major several times in college. At one point, I was a political science major. I quickly realized that was not for me.
- As an adult, I still have a fear of needles.
- I’ve only ever had one piercing. I got my belly button pierced when I was 18, but I had to take it out after three months because it rejected. I’ve never had my ears pierced.
- I love electronic music.
- I grew up listening to hard rock and metal music.
- I’ve taken a total of four years of Spanish classes, but I still can’t speak the language at all.
- I’m happiest when I’m busy.
- My favorite colors are black and pink.
- Personality tests always tell me I’m extroverted, but I think I’m an introvert/extrovert mix. I really enjoy having time to myself.
- I enjoy graphic design, photography, and visual arts as hobbies.
- I’ve always wanted a little Polaroid camera, but I can never bring myself to buy one.
- I’m addicted to Pinterest!
- I’m not afraid to stick up for myself when I need to.
- My dog was my best friend when I was little. He was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Jackson.
- I went through an emo/scene phase when I was in high school.
- I enjoy lifting weights and cycling for exercise.
- I also enjoy going on walks around my neighborhood. It’s great for when I need some mindful “me time.”
- I was raised by a single dad and his side of the family.
- I’ve lived all over Florida. (Northwest Florida, Central Florida, and South Florida. Yes, they’re all very different!)
- Orlando is my favorite city in Florida.
- I don’t eat red meat.
- I love being at the beach.
- I’m definitely an idea person. I have so many ideas for different projects that it’s difficult to focus on just one!
- California is my favorite state in the U.S. I love so many things about it, especially the weather.
- I hated high school, but loved college.
- I have two bachelor’s degrees. The first is in advertising/public relations, and the second is in writing and rhetoric. I’m about to graduate with my master’s in strategic communication.
- I come from a family of accountants and business owners, but I somehow ended up in a creative industry.
- I talk really loud when I get excited about something.
- I thought Santa Claus was real until I was 12.
- I wrote a novel when I was 13. (It wasn’t any good, but it was 60,000 words long. I was proud that I finished it.)
- I started my first blog in 2016. It was called Style of Change. It wasn’t a fashion blog, so I don’t really know why I named it that.
- I collected stuffed animals when I was a kid. I still have all of them.
- I believe power naps make you more productive.
- I used dating apps in college, but I don’t think I’ll ever do it again.
- I enjoy planning. I find it therapeutic.
- I preach self-love all day every day!
- Caffeine makes me nicer.
- I’m a morning person. I love waking up super early.
- I was a fan of Miley Cyrus when I was growing up, and I still am.
- I’m also a fan of Lana del Rey. I saw her in concert a few years back!
- Although I come from a Southern town, I’m not a country girl at all.
- The thing I look forward to the most on weekends is working on my blog and personal projects.
Mindset coaching, social media tips, productivity advice, and much more…
Let me deliver my latest blog posts, podcast episodes, and YouTube videos directly to your inbox!
Enter your name and email below to subscribe to my weekly Mindset Masterpiece newsletter.
Follow me on Instagram!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved. There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.