When is the last time you stopped to celebrate the little things in life?
Too often, people take life for granted. I’m guilty of it, too—getting caught up on the idea that a certain amount of money, status, or success will make me happy. But I’ve realized that happiness doesn’t have to wait until I get rich, find a husband, or settle down and have kids. My happiness is not dependent on the things I have in my life. It’s actually just a mindset.
It’s amazing how little things can put a smile on my face, even when I’m having a bad day. Life isn’t easy, and not every day is going to be perfect. When going through a tough time, I’ve learned how much it helps to take a step back from the situation and find small pleasures in life to appreciate.
How to appreciate the little things in life:
1. Slow down!
We live in a fast paced, technology-driven world that can make it hard to appreciate our surroundings. But when you slow down and look around, your perspective will shift. All of a sudden you’ll enjoy your morning instead of rushing out the door to go to work. You’ll notice the fresh scent of blooming flowers and the laughter of children. When you move too fast, you miss out on many of life’s pleasures. Choose to slow down so you can enjoy your life instead of letting it slip by.
2. Practice gratitude.
When you incorporate regular gratitude practices into your routine, you will appreciate what you have instead of constantly wanting more. You will feel happier and more content overall. Gratitude will help you shift your mindset and attract positivity into your life.
3. Appreciate the present moment.
Don’t you want to live where life is actually happening? If you’re constantly replaying old memories or worrying about what will happen in the future, it will be harder for you to live in the now. You must ground yourself in the present if you want to make progress in life. Live, learn, move on, and don’t stress too much about the future.
Whenever you can, focus on the present. There are so many things to appreciate about this current moment. If you can’t think of any, check out the list below for 75 little things in life worth celebrating.
Before you continue reading… make me your mindset coach—for FREE!
Keep me in your corner as you tackle life’s challenges!
In my Mindset Masterpiece newsletter, I share my top tips, tricks, and helpful tidbits for maintaining a positive mindset on the good days, bad days, and even the lackluster days that blend together.
If you sign up, you’ll receive emails on Mondays and Fridays that will motivate and inspire you to live your best life!
No outdated email sequences. No sneaky sales funnels. Just me giving advice to you as a mentor and a friend!
Want to give it a try? You can unsubscribe at any time!
Enter your email in the box below to sign up!
Here are 75 little things in life worth celebrating:
1. The opportunity each new day brings.
2. A beautiful sunrise or sunset.
3. Breakfast in bed.
4. The energy inside a coffee shop at 7 a.m.
5. Making someone else laugh.
6. Flowers at the beginning of spring.
7. Hugs from loved ones.
8. Puppies and kittens.
9. Lazy Sundays.
10. The comfort of a warm blanket in the wintertime.
11. Genuine laughter.
12. The natural high you feel after a great workout.
13. When people do nice things for you without expecting anything in return.
14. Birthday cake.
15. Stargazing with someone you love.
16. Walks down the beach at night.
17. The feeling of sand and the smell of the ocean.
18. Going out to dinner at your favorite restaurant.
19. Looking back at old photographs and reminiscing.
20. Your favorite song.
21. Creative hobbies or passion projects.
22. New office supplies.
23. Finding inspiration in an unlikely place.
24. Trying on clothes that make you feel beautiful.
25. Your favorite t-shirt.
27. Starting a new show on Netflix.
28. Spending time with your best friend.
29. Burning your favorite candle.
30. The rush of adrenaline you feel when you book a flight.
31. Choosing to live life for yourself and no one else.
32. Taking a much needed self care day.
33. Feeling accomplished when you check things off your to-do list.
34. When your package arrives in the mail.
35. Comfortable hotel beds.
36. Browsing around the bookstore.
37. Scrolling through Pinterest for inspiration.
38. Writing in a journal.
39. A glass of wine after work.
40. Feeling refreshed after a good night’s sleep.
41. Treating yourself to something you’ve been wanting for a long time.
42. When 5 p.m. comes more quickly than expected.
43. Making a child happy.
44. Seeing a movie that just came out.
45. Getting retweeted.
46. A full tank of gas.
47. Poetry that resonates with you.
48. Clothes fresh out of the dryer.
49. Getting takeout.
50. Waking up before your alarm goes off.
51. Bubble baths.
52. When your favorite store has a sale that’s too good to pass up.
53. Unfollowing/unsubscribing from things that don’t inspire you.
54. Beautiful, sunny weather.
55. A 100% charged phone.
56. Your favorite piece of jewelry.
57. When a stranger is nice to you for no reason.
58. When someone asks you how you’re doing (and you give them the honest answer).
59. Kisses and cuddles.
60. Getting hooked on a book you’re reading.
61. Writing a letter, email, or text to someone you haven’t spoken to in a long time.
62. The rush of energy you get after eating something healthy.
63. When the radio plays a song that reminds you of someone.
64. The small steps you take toward achieving your goals.
65. Road trips.
66. Reruns of your favorite show.
67. The sound of rain.
68. Taking off your shoes after a long day.
69. A completely organized closet.
70. Making any positive lifestyle change, no matter how big or small.
71. Writing with your favorite pen.
72. Fresh fruit.
73. Learning a new skill.
74. Waking up from an amazing dream.
75. Being yourself!
As you can see, there are so many small pleasures in life to recognize and enjoy. You just have to shift your mindset to see them.
Thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed this post, pin it to your favorite Pinterest board and type your email in the box below for more posts like this delivered to your inbox.