Make writing a part of your self-care routine with these journal prompts!
When is the last time you wrote in a journal?
Was it yesterday? Last year? Or was it in grade school?
I love writing, so I might be a little biased in saying this, but I think journaling should be a part of everyone’s self-care routine. It’s a form of self-expression that you can use to put your thoughts into words.
Better yet, you can look back on your journal entries weeks, months, or even years later and remember exactly how you were thinking or feeling at the time.
Writing helps you comprehend your emotions. Your journal will serve as a safe space for you to say whatever you want.
Even if you have a great support system, there are some things you shouldn’t tell your friends or family. For example, if you want to express something that you know would hurt someone else’s feelings, you could write it in your journal instead of saying it out loud. It’s private for a reason.
If you’re ready to clear your mind, discover your purpose in life, and learn to love yourself more, it’s time to grab a notebook and start journaling today!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you choose to make a purchase. All opinions are mine alone. Read my full disclosure policy for details.
How to use your journal for self-care
Writing is fun, but it’s also an excellent form of self-care.
I created this post to share a list of 25 journal prompts that relate to self-care and self-love. If you struggle with negative self-talk or low self-esteem, these prompts will help you build confidence and be kinder to yourself.
To maximize the benefits of journaling, you want to make writing a part of your daily routine. I like to journal in the morning because recently I’ve been feeling sad when I wake up. You should journal at the time you think it will be most helpful or convenient for you.
If you write in your journal at night, you can use it to set positive intentions for the next day. At the end of each entry, write down something positive you will do when you wake up:
Here are some examples of positive intentions that relate to self-care and self-love:
1. I will tell myself I’m beautiful.
2. I will cook myself a healthy meal.
3. I will make time for that passion project I’ve been wanting to start.
4. I will love my body the way it is.
5. I will take a 60-minute self-care break after work.
How to create a self-care routine that sticks
Routines can be difficult to stick to, especially if you have kids, a demanding job, or a busy lifestyle overall. If that sounds like you, I have a couple of posts that might help:
Once you’ve figured out when you’re going to journal each day, it’s time to dive into the prompts.
Want my FREE 40+ page workbook and checklist to grow your personal brand online?
I am a marketing coach who is passionate about helping women share their personal brands with the world with clarity, authenticity, and confidence.
In addition to growing my online presence, I have worked in marketing and PR agencies for the last 5 years.
From my experience, I’ve learned so much about social media, web development, email marketing, and how to create a cohesive online presence with the tools and technology available to us in the 21st century.
I’m so excited to share my expertise with you to help you grow your own brand! Here’s what you’ll get with your download:
- A 44-page printable PDF that you can keep forever!
- A workbook with content and prompts to help you clarify all the important aspects of your personal brand
- An organized checklist that you can use to track your progress as you complete the workbook
- My expert tips and tricks for creating and growing your personal brand online
Enter your name and email address in the box below to get your FREE guide!
Here are the self-care and self-love journal prompts!
1. Write about what self-love means to you.
2. Write about the last time you felt proud of yourself.
3. List 10 ways you can take better care of yourself physically and mentally.
4. Make three columns on your paper and label them: morning, afternoon, and evening. Write down things you can do for self-care during each time of the day.
5. Write about why you deserve to be loved.
6. Write about a time you felt good about yourself.
7. Write about a time you felt strong.
8. List 10 things you love about yourself.
9. Write about something you love in life.
10. Write about a unique trait you have.
11. Write about your self-love language. (If you don’t know yours, take my self-love language quiz to find out!)
12. List the people in your life who make you feel loved.
13. Write about three things you’d like to congratulate yourself for.
14. Write about your favorite way to practice self-care.
15. List three things you love about your appearance.
16. Write about how you can be kinder to your body.
17. Write about your greatest passion in life.
18. Write about the place, person, or thing that makes you feel the safest.
19. Think about how you can make your day-to-day routine less stressful. Write down your ideas!
20. Brainstorm 20 healthy ways you can manage stress. (Need ideas? Check out my list of healthy stress management tips!)
21. Write about your greatest accomplishment.
22. Think about some positive and healthy habits you could adopt. Write how you’ll incorporate them into your routine!
23. Write about a hidden talent you have.
24. Think about a role model of yours. Make a list of ways you’re similar to that person.
25. Search for some inspirational quotes about self-love on the Internet. Write your favorites in your journal.
Mindset coaching, social media tips, productivity advice, and much more…
Let me deliver my latest blog posts, podcast episodes, and YouTube videos directly to your inbox!
Enter your name and email below to subscribe to my weekly Mindset Masterpiece newsletter.
Follow me on Instagram!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved. There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.