Fall is here, which means the holidays are right around the corner! With seemingly endless shopping and to-do lists, this can be a very stressful time of year. That means it’s more important than ever to make time for self-care!
I brainstormed a list of ways we can incorporate self-care into our schedule this autumn, even if we feel like we don’t have time at all. I hope you find this list helpful. I’ve been using some of the ideas I came up with to stay sane during this hectic season! (lol)
Here are 30 fall self-care ideas:
- Reorganize your wardrobe so you have easier access to fall colors and styles. Make sure it’s easy for you to find warm clothes to wear on chilly days!
- Clean out your closet by donating or selling the clothes you don’t wear anymore. Then, treat yourself to some cute new fall pieces!
- Write down your goals for the remainder of this year. Then, write down some goals you have for next year so you can plan for them and set yourself up for success.
- Set your alarm for 15 to 30 minutes earlier than the time you usually wake up. Use your new spare time for meditation, journaling, or other self-care activities.
Download this FREE 50-page guided journal for self-discovery!
- De-clutter your home and decorate it for fall.
- DIY an autumn-inspired wreath or another decoration for your space.
- Buy yourself some flowers.
- Design a festive autumn mood board.
- Buy some new fall-scented candles.
- Watch your favorite scary film (or happy fall movie, if you’re not into horror!)
- Photograph the trees in your backyard every day and create a chronological album that shows the changing leaves.
- Go to a thrift store, pick out some things you like, and make DIY projects with them!
- Create a holiday budget to reduce stress later on in the year. You can also start shopping for gifts early!
- Unplug from social media for a while.
- Go for a walk through your neighborhood and enjoy the cool breeze.
- Visit a pumpkin patch or attend a fall fest.
- Catch up with your friends and invite them over for s’mores.
- Try making your favorite autumn treats yourself! Homemade apple cider, anyone?
- Make sure you’re drinking enough water to keep your body hydrated in the fall climate.
- Carve a pumpkin and decorate it!
- Plan a mental health day for yourself soon.
- Unfollow negative or toxic accounts on social media. Then, find some new inspiring accounts to follow!
- Relax underneath a fluffy blanket.
- Pick up a new hobby. Bonus points if it’s out of your comfort zone!
- Take a relaxing hot bath or shower.
- Use a moisturizing face mask.
- Revise your skincare routine to adapt to the changing weather.
- Paint your nails a fun fall color.
- Do a fall makeup look that makes you feel fabulous!
- Make a list of all the things you love about fall.
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, be sure to pin it to your festive fall Pinterest board and enter your email in the box below to enjoy more of my wellness posts like this.
Thanks for reading!