We should all find time to take care of ourselves. Here are some easy self-care ideas for your daily routine!We should all find time to take care of ourselves. Here are some easy self-care ideas for your daily routine!
If you have a busy lifestyle, it might be easy for you to get caught up in your hectic schedule and forget to practice self-care. Trust me, I understand what it’s like to have a long to-do list. I’m currently taking 15 credit hours while completing two internships, so every single day is busy for me.
Since the start of this semester, I’ve realized that I need to take better care of myself. I’ve been to the gym every day this week because I want to get into better shape and live a healthier lifestyle.
To live better, all I had to do was incorporate some more self-care practices into my everyday life. You should do the same! Self-care can help you relieve stress and feel more relaxed every day.
Try incorporating these easy self-care ideas into your routine!
Before you continue reading… make me your mindset coach—for FREE!
Keep me in your corner as you tackle life’s challenges!
In my Mindset Masterpiece newsletter, I share my top tips, tricks, and helpful tidbits for maintaining a positive mindset on the good days, bad days, and even the lackluster days that blend together.
If you sign up, you’ll receive emails on Mondays and Fridays that will motivate and inspire you to live your best life!
No outdated email sequences. No sneaky sales funnels. Just me giving advice to you as a mentor and a friend!
Want to give it a try? You can unsubscribe at any time!
Enter your email in the box below to sign up!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you choose to make a purchase. All opinions are mine alone. Read my full disclosure policy for details.
Morning Self-Care Activities
1. Don’t hit snooze– get out of bed as soon as your alarm goes off.
2. Drink a whole glass of water right after you get out of bed.
3. Make your bed.
4. Stretch or do 10 minutes of yoga after you wake up.
5. Get some light exercise. Even a 20-minute walk will do.
6. Brush your teeth for at least two minutes.
7. Wash your face.
8. Sit down and eat a healthy breakfast.
9. Opt for tea instead of coffee.
10. Take a multivitamin. Get my favorite one here! (It’s the gummy kind.)
11. Fill in your planner, and make sure to schedule some “you” time for each day.
12. Listen to your favorite music while getting ready. (Bonus points if you sing along!)
13. Take the time to do your hair.
14. Wear an outfit that makes you feel unstoppable.
15. On the way to work, call your loved ones and tell them to have a good day.
Save me for later on Pinterest!
Afternoon Self-Care Activities
1. Work on a passion project during your lunch hour.
2. Try to go outdoors for a few minutes to get some fresh air.
3. Stay hydrated throughout the day.
4. If you are stressed, take a few deep breaths and remind yourself that it’s going to be okay.
5. If you make a mistake at school or work, forgive yourself and don’t let it ruin the rest of your day.
6. Take a break if you need one.
7. Go with the flow– don’t get stressed out about things you can’t control.
8. Ask questions about things you are unsure of.
9. Practice positive affirmations.
10. View your challenges as opportunities.
11. Don’t compare yourself to others.
12. Try to learn one new thing every day.
14. Focus on the positive.
15. If you aren’t doing what you love, quit what you’re doing and pursue your passion.
Want to start journaling for self-care? Get this FREE 50-page guided journal for self-discovery!
Evening Self-Care Activities
1. Write down 5 things you love about yourself. Fold the paper up and keep it in your wallet. If you start to feel bad about yourself, take the paper out and read it.
2. Cook a hot dinner. (No microwavable dinners!)
3. …or go out to eat at your favorite restaurant.
4. Take a relaxing bath.
6. Deep condition your hair. (My hairstylist recommended this deep conditioner to me a while back, and it’s been my favorite ever since!)
7. Turn off your phone for 1 hour and take time away from technology to relax.
8. Watch the sunset.
9. Create a gratitude list.
10. Color in an adult coloring book. (This one is beautiful!)
11. Free write in a journal.
12. If you’re feeling down, talk to someone about it.
13. Watch one of your favorite movies.
14. Pray (or if you don’t pray, meditate).
15. Do your best to get 8 hours of sleep for as many nights as you can.
Hey there! Did you know you can gain access to my FREE library of personal development printables when you subscribe to this blog?
Enter your email below and I’ll send the password right to your inbox!
Weekend Self-Care Activities
1. Before your weekend begins, plan it out and set aside time to work on a passion project.
2. Go on a grocery run and purchase only healthy foods.
3. Treat yourself and go shopping!
4. Try a new activity.
5. Spend time with family and friends.
6. Exercise in a way that you enjoy. (Yoga, pilates, walking, running, swimming, weightlifting, etc.)
7. Go through your closet, clear out things you don’t wear, and donate the unwanted items to charity.
8. Declutter your desk.
9. Go for a stroll in your neighborhood or in a nice park.
10. Travel, even if it’s to a destination just an hour or two away.
11. Remember to relax.
12. Read a great book.
13. Write yourself a love letter.
14. Organize your closet.
15. Take some time to reflect on the past week. Did you accomplish your goals?