Self-care doesn’t have to be time-consuming.
*Originally published on my old blog, Style of Change, in 2018.*
As a graduate student and working professional, I don’t have much time to relax and unwind. My “me time” is limited. If you’re like me, you often feel stressed out and overwhelmed. You wish you had more time to yourself, but your busy schedule doesn’t usually allow for it.
For people like us, I think it’s important to care for ourselves using the little time we have. Self-care practices don’t have to take hours out of our day. In fact, even a few minutes of self-care sprinkled throughout the day can make a HUGE difference in how we feel.
For the hardworking, go-getter boss ladies (and gents) out there, I have come up with a list of 30 ways to practice self-care, even if you only have 30 minutes to spare. I hope this inspires you to find ways to incorporate self-care into your hectic routine.
Here’s the list:
- Make yourself breakfast.
- Enjoy a healthy snack.
- Drink a glass of water.
- Meditate for a few minutes after you shower.
- Go to bed 30 minutes early.
- Doodle or color in a coloring book.
- Go for a short walk or jog.
- Listen to music you love.
- Exfoliate and moisturize your skin.
- Organize your workspace.
- Write down ten positive affirmations.
- Read a chapter of a book before bed.
- Unplug for 30 minutes.
- Call someone you love.
- De-clutter your bedroom.
- Paint your nails.
- Apply a face mask.
- Throw out expired makeup or skincare products.
- Write a bucket list.
- Stretch or do yoga.
- Watch some funny videos on YouTube.
- Make your to-do list for tomorrow.
- Make a list of things you’re grateful for.
- Write down your short-term and long-term goals.
- Create a morning and evening routine.
- Assess your finances.
- Work on a puzzle.
- Do something creative.
- Plan your next trip.
- Reflect on your accomplishments.
That’s it! Thanks so much for reading. If you found this post helpful or inspiring, please pin it to your favorite Pinterest board and enter your email in the box below to subscribe to my wellness posts. I’d love to keep in touch.
Mindset coaching, social media tips, productivity advice, and much more…
Let me deliver my latest blog posts, podcast episodes, and YouTube videos directly to your inbox!
Enter your name and email below to subscribe to my weekly Mindset Masterpiece newsletter.