Do you ever have those days where you’re just sitting around the house, unmotivated to do anything but watch TV? I know what that’s like. However, it’s important to realize that time is opportunity.
Although I loved my college years, I feel like I wasted a lot of time. I went to too many parties, spent many days sitting around doing nothing, and found distractions instead of productive things to do.
As an adult, and especially as a blogger, I understand how valuable time really is. My to-do list is always crazy long, and I rarely have enough time to get through it all. I don’t have time to sit around and watch TV every day like I used to.
Of course, we all need a break sometimes. It’s important to take a mental health day every once in a while to relax and recharge.
But if you’re just sitting around the house bored out of your mind, you might as well do something productive with your time.
I wanted to write this post to help you make the most of your time so you can be less stressed out later on.
If you are proactive and use your time effectively, you can take care of problems before they arise. Let’s stay productive so we can live our best lives!
Here are 130 productive things to do when you’re bored:
1. Create a productivity plan to hold yourself accountable.
2. Review your agenda for the next week.
3. Schedule all your appointments for the next 3 months.
4. Make your to-do list for tomorrow.
5. Pack your lunch for tomorrow.
6. Pick out your outfit for tomorrow and have it ready to go.
7. Organize the files on your computer.
8. Clear out your inbox.
9. Go through the apps on your phone and delete the ones you don’t use.
10. Make a list of tasks you’ve been avoiding (and then take care of them!)
11. Update your resume and LinkedIn profile.
12. Delete old contacts from your phone.
13. Make a plan for emergencies.
14. Create a morning and evening routine for yourself.
15. Create a self-care routine.
16. Start a bullet journal.
17. Make a list of your passwords and keep it in a safe place. (Or use a password manager software!)
Around the house
18. Organize your desk.
19. Clean out your junk drawer.
20. Take out the trash.
21. Wash your dishes.
22. Clean your bathroom.
23. Wash your windows.
24. Do laundry.
25. Change your bed sheets.
26. Declutter your home from top to bottom.
27. Clean your phone and computer screen.
28. Clean out your car.
29. Clean out the garage.
30. Rearrange your furniture.
31. Go through your kitchen and throw out everything that’s expired.
32. Clean out your closet and donate the clothes you don’t wear.
33. Fix old clothes that have rips, tears, or missing buttons.
34. Sell your old stuff on eBay.
35. Print out photos you love, frame them, and place them around the house.
36. Check your bank account.
37. Create a budget for yourself.
38. Make an actionable plan to pay off your debt.
39. Review your credit report.
40. Set up reminders to pay your bills. (Or pay them in advance, if you can!)
41. Download a money management app to track your spending.
42. Create an emergency fund.
43. Go grocery shopping.
44. Cook yourself dinner.
45. Make a weekly meal plan.
46. Meal prep for the week ahead.
47. Drink a glass of water.
48. Start an herb garden.
49. Go for a walk or run.
50. Lift weights.
51. Attend an exercise class.
52. Create a workout plan for the week.
53. Ride your bicycle to a new place.
55. Get some sleep! (You’ll be more productive if you’re well-rested.)
56. Create a self-care kit.
57. Do some yoga.
58. Stretch for a few minutes.
59. Do a digital detox.
60. Practice mindfulness exercises.
61. Paint your nails.
62. Get a pedicure.
63. Tweeze your eyebrows.
64. Brush and floss your teeth.
65. Use some teeth whitening strips.
66. Shave your legs (if you shave at all!)
67. Moisturize and exfoliate your skin.
68. Use a face mask.
69. Get your hair done.
70. Use a deep conditioner on your hair.
71. Do your makeup.
72. Revamp your beauty routine to better fit your lifestyle.
73. Make a bucket list.
74. Write in a journal.
75. Write down your short-term and long-term goals.
76. Make a playlist full of motivational songs.
77. Write a letter to your future self.
78. Listen to a personal development podcast.
79. Unfollow accounts that don’t inspire you on social media.
80. Make a list of things you are grateful for.
81. Join a club or community relevant to your interests.
82. Discover some new inspirational quotes online to motivate you.
83. Create a vision board.
84. Research your dream career.
85. Try a new creative hobby.
86. Volunteer for a cause you are passionate about.
87. Assess your time management strategies and figure out how to improve them.
Want my FREE 40+ page workbook and checklist to grow your personal brand online?
I am a marketing coach who is passionate about helping women share their personal brands with the world with clarity, authenticity, and confidence.
In addition to growing my online presence, I have worked in marketing and PR agencies for the last 5 years.
From my experience, I’ve learned so much about social media, web development, email marketing, and how to create a cohesive online presence with the tools and technology available to us in the 21st century.
I’m so excited to share my expertise with you to help you grow your own brand! Here’s what you’ll get with your download:
- A 44-page printable PDF that you can keep forever!
- A workbook with content and prompts to help you clarify all the important aspects of your personal brand
- An organized checklist that you can use to track your progress as you complete the workbook
- My expert tips and tricks for creating and growing your personal brand online
Enter your name and email address in the box below to get your FREE guide!
88. Read a book.
89. Teach yourself a new skill.
90. Learn a new language.
91. Watch an informational video on YouTube.
92. Take an online course.
93. Listen to an audiobook.
94. Learn a new word.
95. Read/watch the news.
96. Visit a museum.
97. Watch a Ted Talk.
98. Put together a puzzle.
99. Call a friend or family member.
100. Text someone and tell them you love them.
101. DIY a gift for someone you love.
102. Go out of your way to do something kind.
103. Plan a vacation with your loved ones.
104. Plan and host a party.
105. Write a letter to someone.
106. Send a greeting card.
107. Go on a date with your significant other.
108. Read and respond to emails.
109. Respond to comments on your social media accounts.
110. Create and schedule social media content.
111. Engage with other social media accounts.
112. Review your business goals.
113. Record your income.
114. Invoice your clients.
115. Log and categorize expenses.
116. Estimate your tax payments.
117. Start a blog for your business.
118. Formulate a new strategy to attract clients.
119. Look up more ways to make money on the side.
120. Use your skills to start freelancing.
121. Create an online portfolio of your work.
122. Start your own Etsy shop.
123. Start a project management binder.
124. Research different ideas for passion projects.
125. Create a Pinterest board for inspiration.
126. Write a list of materials you need for your project.
127. Make a plan of how to incorporate your passion project into your routine.
128. Create a timeline for the completion of your project.
129. For support, join an online community that is related to your project.
130. Make a presentation to share your project with your friends and family!
Thanks for reading!
I hope you found something to do in this list. Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Mindset coaching, social media tips, productivity advice, and much more…
Let me deliver my latest blog posts, podcast episodes, and YouTube videos directly to your inbox!
Enter your name and email below to subscribe to my weekly Mindset Masterpiece newsletter.
Follow me on Instagram!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.