*Originally published on my old blog, Style of Change, in 2017.*
Too often, we dwell on the negative things that happen in our lives. For me, I’m having a rough semester in school, my personal life is like a rollercoaster, and I’m currently without a car, which is more of an inconvenience than anything. However, today I want to focus on some of the things that have gone right in my life recently— 10 particular things that made me happy this month.
I think it’s important to appreciate the great things about life because otherwise we’d be depressed all the time. I try to be a “glass half full” type of person. Even when it gets tough, I try to look on the bright side of things.
I’m not saying that it’s not OK to get upset or cry sometimes. The downs are just a part of life. But what matters is that when we feel down, we’re able to get right back up and find our happiness again.
So, here’s a quick list of 10 things that made me happy this month:
- I ate dinner with my grandparents, who I don’t see often.
- I helped my friend celebrate her 21st birthday.
- I got a 100 (A+) on an important assignment for my favorite class.
- I volunteered for Special Olympics Florida- Healthy Community, an organization I care deeply about.
- I reached 2,000 email subscribers on my blog. Thank you!
- I started uploading YouTube videos more frequently.
- I pet a lot of dogs.
- I discovered my love for Rick and Morty.
- I started cooking more often.
- My university’s football team is still undefeated! (*knock on wood*)
Things like petting dogs and getting an A on an assignment might seem small, but it’s the little things in life that matter, right?
Now, I challenge you to make your own list of things that made you happy this month (although I hope it’s not too much of a challenge).
This means you’re officially tagged. Now get to it!
As always, thanks so much for reading. If you’d like to subscribe to me, you can enter your email address in the box below to receive notifications of new posts.